We provide all medical services required for your immigration application such as General Medical Certificate, Limited Medical Certificate, Chest X Ray and any add-on test.
If you would like to have your Immigration Medical done at The Doctors Middlemore and you know what type of Medical you need already, you MUST provide the following requirements and email it to [email protected].
Once we received the requested documents, our Immigration Administration Team will contact you to arrange a time for your appointment.
Please note if you need to do a General or Limited Medical Certificate Examination you will required 2x trips to The Doctors Middlemore. Your first appointment will be for your Laboratory tests/X Ray, then we will book you again with one of our Immigration GP for a Consultation and discussing of your results.
What to bring to your first appointment?
- Authentic Passport
- Authentic documentation required if you have changed/or have different information on your passport e.g. name change - married name/spelling of name etc.
* If you have already done your medical examination before and INZ only requested you to do specific/further test, then you DO NOT have to complete the above forms. However, you will need to email us the extra test requirements (or your NZER/eMedical number).
We are currently doing PCR tests for travel internationally (with RAT testing for travel to Australia)
If you are not registered with us and are not a NZ resident – The price is $350 for the process
If you are not registered with us and ARE a NZ resident – The price is $150 plus $60 (Casual Price) for the doctor’s visit.
If you are registered with us and are a NZ resident (eligible) – price is $150 plus $19.50 for the doctor’s visit. (note: you cannot register with us before flying out unless you can confirm you will be our patient for a 3 month period)
Please be advised that PCR travel testing is a TWO-STEP PROCESS as follows:
FIRST STEP – Get the Swab. Come down to the clinic and get one of our nurses to swab you. You will need to take the Swab to Labtests yourself in Carbine Road. Book an appointment at this time to meet with our doctor for when the result is back in.
SECOND STEP - Come back to meet with the doctor to have the result signed off. You will be given the official doctors sign off letter to give to the airline when boarding.
- Lower patient fees
- Lower prescription costs
The Doctors Middlemore in Massey Road is endorsed having met all the required standards as an Urgent Care medical centre. Whenever you have an accident or injury, we can help. Services include:
- Family health care
- Accident care
- Minor surgery
- Pre-employment medicals
- Immigration medicals
- Long term health conditions
- Company ACC
- Asthma Clinic
- Unichem Pharmacy
Our centre is endorsed by ACC auditors as an accident and medical centre. This means that on weekends and public holidays, emergency and urgent walk-in patients take priority.
If you would like to see your regular GP for non-urgent or non-acute health concerns, please make an appointment during our normal weekday hours.
PLEASE NOTE: Repeat Prescriptions will not be actioned during the Weekend Urgent Care Clinic. Please arrange your repeat Prescriptions during the week.
Our skilled nursing team provides a range of fully funded (free for enrolled patients) health and wellness programmes:
- Asthma checkups, a thorough review of your asthma management and advice on maximising asthma control
- Cervical smear clinics held three times a week
- Contraception and sexual health advice
- Comprehensive health checks (for men & women) including blood pressure, screening blood tests and cardiovascular (heart and stroke health) risk assessment
- Chronic care nurse clinics covering diabetes, chronic lung disease and heart disease and gout
- Immunisations for children
- Smoking cessation advice and support, plus nicotine replacement if required
The NZ Transport Agency requires all drivers to be medically fit to drive for the safety of everyone on the road. We are happy to complete a medical assessment for you even if you are not enrolled with us.
A driver's medical certificate is required if you are:
The Doctors Middlemore offers a menu of occupational health services which includes:
- Workplace accident & medical service
- Pre-employment medicals
- Annual employee medicals
- Immunisation/flu vaccination
- Travel vaccination
- Drug testing
- Specialist visiting orthopaedic surgeons.
For 16 years we have maintained our reputation for a focus on quality and innovation. This ensures you get what your business needs, when you need it, and we welcome an opportunity to discuss any particular requirements you may have.
A customised check of specific health factors before you agree to employ a new staff member:
- Tailored to your business and hazards on site.
- Recommended for all new employees.
Depending on your business, your workforce may also need the following pre-employment checks:
- Alcohol and drug-testing (where precision and/or public safety issues are important)
- Spirometry (lung function) for any work involving fumes, dust, solvents, fine particles or toxic substances
- Hearing – for work environments with high levels of mechanical or electronic noise
- Eye-sight – where excellent vision is a requirement or eye-strain may occur.
Annual employee medicals
Follow-up health checks, usually annually, are the best way to be sure your employees’ health is not being affected by their work – helping you keep your valuable staff, and avoid expensive litigation.
The health checks outlined under pre-employment medicals above can also be carried out on an annual basis, signed off by a qualified health professional, so you have the records you need now and in the future.
We can vaccinate your staff against diseases to which they may be susceptible, and/or which could affect your business, such as flu, Hepatitis A and B, and others as needed.
If your staff are required regularly to travel overseas, we have access to up to the minute travel vaccinations and disease advice. Special rates are negotiable for high-use businesses.
On request, we can carry out random testing for alcohol, cannabis, methamphetamine, benzodiazepines, and opiates. Please note – this must be included in your employment agreements before we can carry out such testing.
Best Practice Physiotherapy work from our medical centre and provide a wide range of assessment, treatment, and education for injuries. Their services also includes:
- work place assessments
- manual handling education
- work pacing
- rehabilitation plans
- injury progress reporting.
Best Practice prides themselves on their ability to provide service to a multicultural population with cultural sensitivity.
All their physiotherapists are involved in education, injury prevention in-services as well as hands on treatment. They provide rehabilitation to patients who have had time off work and require work hardening to return to productive duties. Acupuncture is offered as part of their treatment and it has been found very beneficial when combined with other treatment modalities.
Low-cost immigration and general x-rays, no appointment needed!
No charge acc x-rays
We provide free ACC X-rays.
These require a doctors request form.
See us for all your general x-rays, including those for insurance and employment purposes.
Monday - Friday 10am to 6pm
Saturday 10am to 4pm
Sunday 10am to 4pm